Oshki-Pimache-O-Win: The Wenjack Education Institute will be delivering all college and university post-secondary education programming as 100% online learning for the Fall 2020 semester.
We will still follow our unique block delivery model of 2 weeks of intensive classes, followed by a block of evenings-only classes, repeated twice during the fall semester, except that students will remain at home for the entire time. Students need to be prepared to attend synchronous (live) online classes for the majority of the day for the 2 week intensive blocks, so require access to a computer and internet connection in a quiet location. Students without this access may be able to join by audio teleconference by special arrangement. Please contact your Program Coordinator to make arrangements.
Orientation for new students is Tuesday, September 8 to Friday, September 11 and runs during the day through live video-conference. Students will need to be available to participate from a computer with internet from a quiet location.
Fall textbooks/welcome kits for new students have been shipped to out of town students. Students in Thunder Bay can pick up textbooks from Oshki’s Thunder Bay campus once you receive an email notice from your Program Coordinator.
We’re all very excited for the fall semester to begin! If you have questions, please reach out to your Program Coordinator, or main reception.
Kim Falcigno, Academic Director
- Nishnawbe Aski Nation’s COVID-19 Information Page
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Hydro One Pandemic Relief Fund
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit COVID-19 Information Page
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre COVID-19 Information Page
- Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 Information Page
- Public Health Agency COVID-19 Information Page
- World Health Organization COVID-19 Information Page
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre Media Release – March 13
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre Media Release – March 18