Substance Abuse


It is so important to reach out for extra help. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to fix things yourself, you end up having to call in extra help. That is OK! This doesn’t mean giving up control of your mind, body, heart or spirit. You are the one who makes the final decisions about the type and level of changes you make, and when you make them. One way to get help is to talk to a counsellor, an elder, friends, a teacher or anyone you trust and feel comfortable confiding in.

Here are some general resources if you are seeking support to change your substance use:

Thunder Bay Indigenous Friendship Centre:
Aboriginal Alcohol / Drug Worker Program
Indigenous Healing And Wellness

Fort William First Nation:

Dilico Anishinabek Family Care:

Nishnawbe Aski Nation – NAN Hope Virtual Rapid Access Centre:

Health Centres and Programs for Indigenous Peoples – North West:

Thunder Bay Counselling:

Breaking Free by LifeWorks:



Our Accredited Partners

Canadore CollegeSault CollegeConfederation CollegeAlgoma UniversityBrock UniversityNipissing University

Main Campus

Address: 106 Centennial Square,
Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 1H3

Toll Free: 1 (866) 63-OSHKI (67454)


Business Mailing Address

Address: 14-656 City Road,
Fort William First Nation, Ontario, P7J 1K3

Phone: (807) 626-1880


Oshki-Wenjack respectfully acknowledges its campus is located on the traditional lands of the Anishinaabe peoples of Fort William First Nation, Signatory to the Robinson Superior Treaty of 1850. We also recognize the contributions made to our community by the Métis people. © Copyright 2020 by Oshki-Pimache-O-Win. All Rights Reserved.
/** * * * */