OSHKI main menu
- About OSHKI
- Learn at OSHKI
- Campus Gallery
- Apply at OSHKI
- Life at OSHKI
- Student Orientation
- Student Services
- Student Amenities
- Transportation and Accommodation
- Bursaries, Awards and Scholarships
- Child Care
- Contact Us
Who We Are
Founded in 1996, Oshki-Pimache-O-Education and Training Institute is an Aboriginal post-secondary education and training institute committed to increasing access to, and success in, accredited post-secondary education to the people in the forty-nine communities of Nishnawbe Aski Nation and other learners. Our Governing Council is composed of education leaders from First Nations communities and organizations in the NAN territory. Our staff and faculty are composed of full-time staff members as well as contract instructors, researchers, and curriculum developers who are hired as required.
What We Do
- Ensure quality programming.
- Improve and increase opportunities for access.
- Share beneficial resources and information.
- Collaborate on the development and delivery of courses, programs and other projects.
- Promote the retention and success of Aboriginal students.
- Respond to employment and training needs within the communities of Nishnawbe Aski Nation.
- Contribute to the advancement of self-governance, sustainable economic development and self-sufficiency within the communities of Nishnawbe Aski Nation.