Oshki-Pimache-O-Win: The Wenjack Education Institute established by Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN) offers post-secondary education and training programs. We offer choice, accessibility, flexibility, opportunities and support services for our students.
Under the supervision of the Innovation and Training Coordinator, the Media Technologist supports the educational mission of OSHKI-WENJACK by working with faculty and students to integrate digital media into their teaching and learning. The technologist works with staff on media projects including community outreach, program promotion and student recruitment. The technologist also supports all classroom and distance education related hardware and software including training, maintenance, and technical support.
The specific duties and responsibilities to be performed include:
- Provide faculty and student support on the creation and use of digital media and its integration into teaching and learning contexts.
- Capture and create digital media for events and programs, including photos, videos, presentations, webcasts, and promotional materials.
- Assist with the production of publications, including the Annual Report.
- Work with IT and vendors to maintain and troubleshoot computer and media equipment (SmartBoards) in the classrooms.
- Collaborate with instructors in the design and creation of PowerPoint presentations, interactive SmartBoard lessons, and online tutorials for use in course delivery.
- Work with staff to develop and deliver program and project specific training workshops for participants;
- Manage and maintain Rumie Tablets and LearnCloud including set up/maintain program libraries, apps, accounts, and course content.
- Update and maintain Web site and Facebook site.
- Work with the System Administrator to setup and configure system accounts for all new staff, faculty and students.
- Provide orientation and training for all staff, faculty and students on the effective use of digital media in educational setting.
- Provide technical support and helpdesk for all staff, faculty and students.
- Scan and evaluate emerging digital media and web technologies and its educational applications.
- Support the student database system, as needed.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
The Media Technologist is responsible to the Innovation and Training Coordinator on a day-to-day basis for their duties and responsibilities.
The Media Technologist is accountable to the Executive Director for overall work performance.
- Post-secondary education in a related field (Media Production, Computer Science, Information Technology, Distance Education).
- At least 2 years of experience in the use of various digital media (graphics, type, video, photography) and web-based technologies.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), and Mac and Windows operation systems.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and to work collaboratively with students, faculty and staff in a culturally diverse environment.
- Familiarity with online learning and mobile learning environments and tools (Adobe Connect, Tablets, SmartBoards).
- A commitment to innovative and creative products and services in an educational setting.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest and a resume, with three references. Two of three references must be from prior employers and can be sent to:
Oshki-Pimache-O-Win: The Wenjack Education Institute
106 Centennial Square, 3rd Floor
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 1H3
Fax: (807) 622-1818
Closing date: Thursday January 30, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
While we appreciate all applications for this position, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.