Under the supervision of the Innovation and Training Officer, the E-Learning Technologist will
oversee all activities associated with Oshki-Wenjack student information database, learning management system and all distance-education related hardware and software including training, maintenance, and technical support.
The specific duties and responsibilities to be performed include:
- Design, develop and implement e-learning and blended programs utilizing instructional design theories, methodologies and adult learning best practice standards.
- Manage and maintain Oshki-Wenjack Learning Management System (i.e., Moodle) including set up/maintain/archive course sites, add-on extensions, set up class rosters/usernames/passwords, and load supplied content.
- Monitor and maintain up to date student records and information on Oshki-Wenjack Student Information System including database access, customization, and troubleshooting in consultation with Orbund.
- Update and maintain Oshki-Wenjack Content Management System (i.e., Drupal website) including new and up to date content and information, templates, upgrades, etc.
- Work with Oshki-Wenjack System Administrator to setup and configure IT for all new staff, faculty and students including emails, usernames, passwords, etc.
- Provide training and instruction for all staff, faculty and students on the effective use of Oshki-Wenjack e-learning platforms including Moodle, Centra, Webmail, Rumie Tablets, etc.
- Provide technical support and helpdesk for all staff, faculty and students.
- Review, pilot, deploy and evaluate emerging e-learning technologies.
- Actively participate in special projects, initiatives and programs as required.
- The E-Learning Technologist is responsible to the Innovation and Training Officer on a day- to-day basis for their duties and responsibilities.
- E-Learning Technologist is accountable to the Executive Director for overall work performance.
- Post-secondary education in a related field (Computer Science, Information Technology, Distance Education).
- 2 to 4 years work experience in working with E-Learning and IT Services, including Learning Management Systems (i.e., Moodle), web server software, web server hardware, web applications, web authoring applications, web programming and database applications.
- Demonstrated experience with standard software applications, including Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe, and other e-learning authoring and multimedia tools.
- Understanding of e-learning technology and pedagogy, and the process of e-learning curriculum development and faculty development.
- Familiarity with support and troubleshooting of information technology including personal computers, servers, tablets, etc.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest and a resume, with three references. Two of three references must be from prior employers and can be sent to:
Oshki-Pimache-O-Win: The Wenjack Education Institute 106 Centennial Square, 3rd Floor
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 1H3
Fax: (807) 622-1818
Closing date: Thursday, December 6, 2018 @ 4:00 pm EST
While we appreciate all applications for this position, only those who are selected for an
interview will be contacted.