The Oshki-Pimache-O-Win Education & Training Institute established by Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN) offers post-secondary education and training programs. We offer choice, accessibility, flexibility, opportunities and support services for our students.
We are inviting applications for a Practical Nursing Program Coordinator who can also teach as a Part-Time Faculty Member in the program. This role will deliver the Practical Nursing Diploma Program in the Nishnawbe Aski Nation.
Reporting to the Academic Director, the Program Coordinator shall coordinate accredited postsecondary programs offered at OSHKI. In partnership with Confederation College, the Program Coordinator will have primary responsibility for the delivery of the Practical Nursing Post-Secondary programs. Additionally, this role includes daytime, evening and weekend teaching for academic, clinical, and lab courses in the Practical Nursing Program as a part-time faculty member at OSHKI.
1. Consult with the Academic Director on all aspects of program operations, including student services, and program development and delivery.
2. Participate in curriculum development, teaching, student assessment and evaluation.
3. Arrange and coordinate student fieldwork placements.
4. Consult and meet with the advisory committees for each program to ensure the program objectives are responding to the learning requirements of the students.
5. Actively contribute to and care about our student success.
6. Prepare timely, complete reports and other documentation for the programs to address the accountability requirements of various funders.
7. Promote the Institute’s education and training programs in NAN communities and to other learners to achieve the necessary enrolment for effective implementation and delivery.
8. Travel to remote communities where the students reside for a range of reasons including support, encouragement, instruction evaluation, consultation with local education authorities, program promotion, among others.
9. Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
10. Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time to assist in the successful operation of the Institute.
Please see full Program Coordinator job description at http://www.oshki.ca/sites/default/files/OSHKI_PNPC_job_description.pdf
The Program Coordinator/Part-Time Faculty is responsible to the Academic Director on a day-to-day basis, and is accountable to the Executive Director for overall work performance.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Nursing or health related field, and
- A Bachelor degree in Nursing, and
- Registration as a Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario, and
- Five years experience in nursing across a variety of settings, and
- Valid Class G driver’s license.
The preferred candidate would also have experience as a Program Coordinator, ideally in nursing education or similar.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest and a resume, with three references, to:
Oshki-Pimache-O-Win Education & Training Institute
106 Centennial Square, 3rd Floor
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 1H3
Fax: (807) 622-1818
Competition Open Until Filled
Oshki-Pimache-O-Win encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, men, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. While we appreciate all applications for this position, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.