The Aboriginal Classroom Assistant Diploma Program will prepare you for a career in Aboriginal schools in northern communities./p>
OCAS Program Code: N/A (Register through Admissions)
Credential Awarded: Ontario University Diploma
Awarding Institution: OSHKI / Nipissing University
Program Length: 2 Semesters
Start Date: September 2017*
*start dates are subject to change
1. Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent) with courses from the College (C) , University (U), University/College (U/C) or Open (O) preparation levels. Required Courses: Grade 12 College or University preparation English
2. Or appropriate credits for the Academic and Career Entrance Program (ACE).
3. Candidates without grade 12 can be admitted if they are 21 years or older and have been out of school for two years or more.
Applicants must meet the admission requirements for the Indigenous Wellness and Addictions Prevention program delivered by Oshki-Pimache-O-Win Education & Training Institute. As part of the admissions process each applicant must submit the following:
1. An Oshki-Pimache-O-Win Program Application Form.
2. Official transcript(s) from the last institution attended.
3. Proof of post-secondary sponsorship in the form of a written letter which states the name of the student, the program of study and the duration of sponsorship.
When you complete the Aboriginal Classroom Assistant program you will be qualified to work, under the professional direction of the classroom teacher and school Principal, as a classroom assistant with Aboriginal primary school children.
The tuition fee for the 2017-2018 academic year will be announced at a later date, due to tuition changes on a yearly basis.
EDUC 1023 Introduction to Literacy Strategies
EDUC 1124 Introduction to Numeracy Strategies
EDUC 1034 Introduction to Canadian Indigenous Studies
EDUC 1043 Child Development
EDUC 2012 Working with Indigenous Children with Special Needs 1
EDUC 1063 Information Technology in Classrooms
EDUC 1010 ACADP Practicum I
EDUC 2023 Literacy Strategies II
EDUC 2124 Numeracy Strategies II
EDUC 2033 Healthy Active Living Strategies for Indigenous Students
EDUC 2034 Indigenous Children’s Health and Wellbeing
EDUC 3012 Working with Children with Special Needs II
EDUC 2034 Language Arts Strategies
EDUC 3012 ACADP Practicum II
For More Information
Daniel Tait, Community Liaison & Student Recruitment Officer
Toll Free: 1-866-636-7454